Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Very Long, Nearly Perfect Day


Really it started yesterday. We had a fun playdate and went down the street to the playground. Then dinner was super easy to throw together. I got a ton of work done last night and then got to spend some time with my husband. The girls slept through the night and didn't wake up at an insane hour.
9:00am - After breakfast this morning, Red Fish wanted to do an art project. So we got out some markers and these books of shapes we found in my mom's house so she could practice her cutting skills. New Fish got really into the markers today. She covered a couple sheets of paper, front and back. New Fish really wants to copy everything that Red Fish does. It's adorable.
They were coloring for so long I sat at the table with them and got a little graphic design work done. It was awesome. After they were finished coloring I took them upstairs and took a shower while they played their new game "Blue ball". Basically, Red Fish tosses a ball and yells BLUE BALL BABY! and then New Fish runs and gets the ball. They both think it's hysterical. I like that they are playing together. After the three of us were cleaned and dressed we waited on the front porch for the speech therapist. New Fish took a nap and Red Fish had a great session.
After speech therapy we had a quick lunch of leftover soft tacos and headed to the farm. We've been going to the farm or the aquarium every week because the girls are obsessed with animals. It gives us a lot of vocabulary to practice without them knowing we are practicing and they just really enjoy it anyway.
Plus it's extra fun when we go with friends. After the farm the girls took a long nap and I did some laundry and graphic design work.

When the girls woke up they decided to play with playdough. Red Fish was instructing New Fish on how to poke and prod it properly. It was pretty funny. They happily played and sang along to a CD for nearly an hour and a half while I cleaned the main floor, switched laundry and made dinner. It was almost too perfect. It was the kind of cooperation I DREAM about.


Red Fish even helped me with a little cleaning. She really loves the duster.
After dinner we ran to meet some friends at a Halloween fair but realized that we were about three days too early. So we decided that as long as we were out we would go to the dinosaur museum. I love having a membership to a lot of local places. We wandered around for an hour and then went to get some ice cream. Then we came home, the girls went to bed like angels and now... I'm holding my breath. The day is too good to be true.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I love days like that! Too bad they can't happen every day.

P.S. Red Fish's new haircut is adorable!

The Clem Family said...

Just love days like that! Your pics are so cute!!!

Linnea said...

What a great day! You're super smart to record it. When I'm having hard or stressful days it's hard for me to remember the really great days and I end up (at the end of the day) wondering if my kids will grow up into nice adults that contribute to society or if 1) people will speculate what we did wrong or 2) they will never be able to move out...
Like yesterday when (all of a suddent I want to write a post)...

Richinsrock said...

I wish my days could go like that. I need to come learn a thing or two from you. Sounds perfect!!!!

Post a Comment