Sunday, September 19, 2010

Spraypaint

So I've developed a deep love for spray paint suddenly. I've been thrifting and spray painting like crazy. (And no- the love is not because I'm inhaling it!)
This is our old kitchen table (a hand me down) and chairs (thrifted) that I painted for my brother and his new wife. I think they look really cute.
I have all but stopped wearing jewelry for the last few years. Partly because I don't like having it pulled and partly because I'm too lazy to dig through the mess of stuff I have. I needed some new way to store my jewelry and also keep it untangled, out of reach for tiny hands, and easy to pick through. So I bought three frames from a thrift store ($2.50 total- YES) and spray painted them with my new love (Rustoleum Universal Metallic Stain Nickel.) Then I cut pieces of hardware cloth and glued it into the frames. I'm really happy with the result.
The girls helped me go through my jewelry and handed each thing to me to hang up. They were very impressed with the end result. New Fish kept clapping and Red Fish just kept saying Woooooow!
I also painted this mirror (again from a thrift store) red because I wanted a big mirror and couldn't find one I loved that wasn't really expensive.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I've been spraying this week too and I forgot how much fun it is! You can totally change anything in a few minutes. Love all the projects you did. I bet your girls can't wait to get their hands on your jewelry again.

The Clem Family said...

I love all your cute and inexpensive ideas!

Richinsrock said...

Oh we so need to get together. I love to spray paint things oh the damage we could do together. I love your projects they are dang cute.

The Studes said...

are you sure you aren't inhaling.. thats was a very excited post form you =)

where did you end up hanging the mirror it looks like the back wall with your windows.. am i right?

Lei said...

you've been busy! I love the jewelry hangers! I'm always looking for additional ways to store jewelry. Sigh. I really need to find a way to just stop buying it. Lol!

Post a Comment