Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Change of Pace

Today I was cleaning my room and I noticed that my shoes were getting dusty. I LOVE shoes. I could own 100 pairs of shoes and still need more. Unfortunately I have tiny feet (I've worn the same size since 6th grade) and shoes in my size are hard to come by. At least shoes that don't have cartoon characters or serve an orthopedic function are hard to come by. I tend to become pretty attached to my shoes so I was a little bummed to see how dusty and neglected they have gotten. The I realized that the shoes I'm wearing on a regular basis are a complete reflection of where I am at in my life. Get ready for me to wax philosophical with a ridiculous illustration for my life.
These are the shoes I wore on a regular basis until Red Fish was about one. Spikey heels and boots that take forever to lace up. I wore some flats but not when I was going anywhere. At this point I don't even bother wearing the heels to church because I can't chase two kids in them.
Now I have completely given myself over to motherhood. In the past year since New Fish was born I have pretty much surrendered completely to shoes that are flat and slip on. Notice they are still funky. I'm still me. Just more completely the mommy me.

4 comments:

AshleeBashlee said...

Umm can I copy you and get those awesome Toms shoes? Because I saw them a few weeks ago on one of my residents granddaughters and decided i needed them. so cute!

Nancy said...

Shoes are so much fun, but I am too practical and messy these days to get too into it. If you want a fun idea you should try what my friend tried this summer. Here is the link.

http://kadeandciarachurch.blogspot.com/2010/06/mod-podge-shoes.html

Joanna said...

I love this! Shoes have ALWAYS been YOU... so I'm glad that you've found a way to keep this a part of the new Mommy you. :)

Somers said...

Okay, now I'm not saying I have a quite as incredible shoe collection as you do, but I have noticed the same thing in my wardrobe. I feel like I now dress like a toddler, slip-on shoes, play-on-the-floor bottoms, and shirts that won't show stains!

Post a Comment