Friday, October 17, 2008

Florida

The seasoned traveler

On Sunday my Mom, Redfish, and I flew to Northern Florida to visit my great uncle L for four days. I was apprehensive about taking Red Fish on another flight after our less than fun flight to California last month but I was pleasantly surprised. She did really well. I've decided the key is to have a large variety of snacks in her bag- cheerios, sweet potato puffs, dried fruit, smiley snacks etc. I also made sure I took her two favorite (and very bulky) books on the plane with me. We did have alot of delays and sat on the runway for an extra hour and a half total waiting for our planes to take off. It makes for a long day.
Red Fish is very attracted to the color red. When she saw this wall paper in Uncle L's house she just couldn't stop herself from hugging and kissing it daily.

Red Fish took a liking to my Uncle L and kept trying to steal his cane the whole time we were there. Uncle L collects antiques so you can imagine my stress level spending hours on end in a room full of breakable items with a toddler who was feeling especially curious and frisky. By the end of the day Red Fish would become a complete maniac and just run around the room screaming and waving her arms. I think she enjoyed having all of the adult attention focused on her for a few days.

Red Fish also enjoyed being especially silly with her gammie. Red Fish got so worked up everyday that she refused to sleep in the pack n play at the hotel. She insisted on sleeping with me in the bed and thrashing around and kicking her legs all night. I don't think she ever settled down the whole time we were in Florida. At least she enjoyed herself! Uncle L tried his best to initiate Red Fish into the world of table linnens and stemware. Red Fish tried her best to introduce Uncle L to the world of spitting your food on the floor and finger painting the table cloth. Of course she kept her napkin in her lap like a perfect little lady. We also spent some time looking books. Red Fish showed her collection of mini masters art books to Uncle L.

Red Fish enjoying the sea shore

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Seriously, that wall paper is ROCKIN'!!! And it looks like baby A loved every minute of it! (wish you were here now! ;) )

Blogful said...

Okay, I know she is adopted and all, but in that red wall picture she looks EXACTLY like your Dad.
Also, where do you get her clothes? Adorable. Now wearing bows I see too. So cute.

One Fish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
One Fish said...

Alot of people tell me that she looks just like my Dad and I think she looks alot like my brother J. She was just meant for our family! I get most of her clothes from the outlets in Park City (they have awesome clearance) and the pink outfit is from Hong Kong.

Post a Comment