Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Brink

No sleep last night. I think we are teething again. That means hours of crying and nothing will console her. Then a rough day where nothing makes her happy. Trying to get locks changed, banking info updated, water rights transferred, and schedule a few repairs. Packing boxes and the kitchen trash (which they both stopped to try tasting) are overturned as baby and dog engage in a romp around the room and I respond to emails about the pile of work I haven't gotten to yet. I allow her to eat one potato chip (lol- this is a very big deal for me) we sit on the couch for a few minutes and watch tv (double gasp.) My sanity teeters on the brink and then... she takes a nice long nap. I get to work in relative peace and when she wakes up we both smile at each other and sanity returns. She didn't die from the potato chip or the tv either. We were saved yet again by a nap.

Note: As I am writing this (on my laptop while blocking the stairs) Red Fish came up behind me and gave me a big hug and a snuggle and then went back to ransacking the house. It's all worth it.

3 comments:

The Studes said...

Can I quit my job and just help you out. Also Potatoe chip.. i'm shocked you let her have it =)

Lisa said...

Teething is rough! Teething and moving have got to be doubly rough!

Have you tried tylenol or motrin at night for the teething? That was the only thing that would make it so my kids could sleep.

Joanna said...

THIS IS MY LIFE RIGHT NOW!!! OWEN WAS UP FROM MIDNIGHT UNTIL 4 THIS MORNING!!!!! I FEEL YOUR PAIN!

Post a Comment