Thursday, October 23, 2008

Living and Dining Rooms

This little strip of red fabric is a part of that one set of curtains I bought and ended up making into three sets including the ones on either side of my front door. I may be getting a little out of control with the red in my house. It's overtaking the main floor. Eventually I want to get some kind of really cool blue print chair to fill in a blank wall in this room.
I hung the outside pictures up first before the violins and now it looks funny hung so far apart. I will have to fix that eventually. The lamp was the one thing I got for the room. After we moved in I realized there were no ceiling lights in the living room- extremely annoying. Luckily some sort of welcoming committee for the city stopped by the other night with a gift certificate to a local store. When the lady first came over and started handing me gift certificates and coupons and free stuff I thought for sure it had to be a scam. It was too hard to believe someone actually came to the door with free stuff. Happily for me she actually gave me some great stuff and I was able to buy this floor lamp.
This is the one bookshelf that I have (besides a junky one that is going in our office.) The nativity set on top was a gift Two Fish got me to celebrate me becoming a Mom. I had always wanted a really nice nativity set since I was a little kid so it was a really great surprise. He had it waiting for me when I finally got to come home with Red Fish.
My grandma made this as a wedding gift for me. It's my maternal heritage- 5 generations including me. I have a book that goes with it with all of their personal histories in it. I get a lot of compliments on it. I have it hanging in the living room by the front door.

Dining Room
Before
We really have no furniture or use for a dining room so we are going to use the room as a music and library room. At some point I will buy more shelves.
This is the final parts to the set of curtains I am stretching across my main floor. This is the window I purchased them for because it doesn't have any blinds like the rest of the windows. I have piles of books in the room because I am in bad need of more bookshelves. My poor art books. I'm really going to miss all the built in shelves in our old house.
This piano was one of our first piece of furniture we ever purchased.

3 comments:

Blogful said...

LOVE it. I want to paint my whole house the color of that couch.

Nancy said...

The violins on the wall look awesome! What a fun style you guys have! Right now I am reading a book called The Baby Food Bible. I'm not far, but so far it has given me some good ideas for Josh who is just starting solid food. You may want to check it out. I always think Josh is too small for new things too and am shocked also when I hear what he "should" be doing for his age. I wish they would stay small forever, but I guess we all have to change with him as he grows. What kind of cake are you looking for Asia? I don't mind doing cakes for anyone if you give me notice.

The Studes said...

Your house sure is coming along nicely. oh yea and BTW... my older sister is TOTALLY blog stalking you. She always comments on how cute red fish is and refers to you as the "my fishy friends".. lol

Post a Comment