Friday, October 10, 2008

Girly

Well little Red Fish has already jumped head first into the opinionated toddler phase. Whatever you are eating, she wants a bite. If you take a drink out of a glass she needs a sip. She has finally learned to go down the stairs after months of going up. She would never allow me to show her how to go down, she wants to do everything herself. Yesterday she picked out a very warm pink dress with fur trim that I thought was much too hot but she was insistent on wearing it. She even wanted to wear the furry hood up for most of the day so she looked like a little snow princess. Then when I was trying to get dressed, actually put on makeup and fix my hair (I wanted to look human for once- I'm going through a major frump phase) Red Fish wanted in on all the action. For each stroke of the brush in my hair she needed me to comb her hair. When I put on makeup she hollered until I took my blush brush and stroked it on her face. I also had to pretend to put mascara on her. When I curled my hair she had a fit until I got out another curling iron that wasn't hot and pretended to curl her hair. She wanted to do everything I did. Afterward I told her how pretty she is and she kept making the cutest faces in the mirror. She can even point at herself in the mirror and say her own name now. It's so cute! She is just as girly as I was when I was little. I need to dig up this picture from my childhood that totally describes me as a little girl. I'm standing on a chair digging through my dresser, wearing ruffled tights, a fluorescent orange trucker hat, and nothing else. I forsee pictures like that in Red Fish's future perhaps without the eighties trucker hat but who knows?

0 comments:

Post a Comment