Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekending

I spent Thursday night and Friday down South at my Aunt Kate's funeral. I drove 450 miles by myself and it felt very strange to be so far away from my husband and kids. It has been a really long time since I went anyplace by myself. I think I've turned into a bit of a wuss. It was good though- a lot of time to think. It also felt nice to pay tribute to Kate. I just wish I had taken the time to have a good cry about it all before I left. I didn't realize quite how emotional I was until I tried to talk about her in front of everyone.

The rest of the weekend was pretty mellow. Just a lot of time with my girls and dinner out with Two Fish and the fam. Our dinner out was a bit of a battle but still fun. The girls are being especially cute lately. New Fish is pretty much glued to Red Fish's side.
Saturday morning cartoons with the babies.

Story time after church on Sunday.

Making dinner and sugar cookies together. All three of us have to wear aprons. Cooking is always slightly scary with me at the helm but when I have tiny helpers you never know what you are going to get. Fortunately today was a good day for food.
Grandma time

2 comments:

The Clem Family said...

Gracie has those same pjs that Red and New Fish are wearing in the last pic! Sorry about the loss of your aunt. Great pics!!!

Blogful said...

Look at you, Super Mom, holding a kid and a cookie cutter at the same time. You go.

Post a Comment