Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Valentine Explosion

We started the day off with liquid watercolor paintings. I set them up in the shower so the mess couldn't infect my house too much. They went to town on all of the papers and then painted the shower walls as well. Then after speech therapy, Red Fish and I stopped by Hobby Lobby to buy some valentines things on sale. The rest of the afternoon was an explosion of valentines projects. In fact, right now the girls are downstairs coloring more valentines pictures and I am hiding because I am done.
I bought this cardboard lettering and told Red Fish she could decorate it however she wanted. I gave her the collage box and she went to town. I love what she did with it. It is so over the top, gawdy and sparkly that it makes me smile. Red Fish painted it red with silver sparkles and then covered it in sequins, foam shapes, feathers, glitter glue and ripped up pieces of foil doilies. The sign is utterly fabulous in a las vegas show girl kind of way. It's hanging on our front door.

The Valentine making began. I have a feeling there are going to be about 100 valentines made in the next month. I especially like the giant furry pipe cleaners.
These foam mailboxes are from pre-made kits. Not very creative I know but the girls did them mostly by themselves (I helped New Fish with her bug's face) and my kids just really really love foam stickers.
Red Fish was especially excited about her truck. She is a girly girl with a passion for cars, dinosaurs and dirt. I love it. I have a feeling that Valentines may be her new favorite holiday now that she has figured out she can use a lot of sequins and sparkles to make things.

2 comments:

Somers said...

We should have another art/lunch day for Valentine making! I love Red Fish's creation, and those furry pipe cleaners are awesome.

The Clem Family said...

I want a Valentine mailbox shaped like a truck! Cute pics!!!

Post a Comment