Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Salt Dough Failure


Well my playdough recipe may be fabulous for playing with but apparently it's terrible when you try and bake it. Red Fish and I made ornaments and handprints tonight and then baked them. It was a disaster. They got huge and puffy and the middle oozed out. Bizarre. I need a new recipe so we can try again. At least Red Fish still enjoyed herself. She loved using the rollling pin and cookie cutters. I even let her try out the potato masher while I was putting things in the oven. We planned to paint the ornaments tomorrow but I guess we will have to find a new project. My first attempt at being festive didn't work out so well. I guess it's more about doing things together and having fun in the end.

1 comments:

The Clem Family said...

Don't worry, I don't think Red Fish will remember the failed attempt to make ornaments. She'll just remember having fun with Mommy!

Post a Comment