Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Music & Mobile

My grandparents gave our family this book as an early Christmas present. It's awesome. It has all of the best LDS songs from the hymn book, children's song book and other songs put together with paintings. Red Fish LOVES it. She wants to play piano all day long right now. She loves picking out a song and looking at the picture. She even made Two Fish play the piano with her when he got home from work today (he doesn't read music but she doesn't care.) Then she would pick a song, play furiously on the piano and have him sing to her accompaniment. Santa is bringing Red Fish another songbook and some CDs that I'm hoping will help with my new years resolution to do more daily musical activities with Red Fish. I think it's going to be a lot harder than doing art activities with her.

Red Fish showing her project to Blue Fish
Today we painted more watercolor paintings onto bleeding paper shapes using brushes and eye droppers. I'm pretty sure Red Fish could do this everyday. Then we stapled them onto a mobile.
Making some last minute adjustments
(Notice she is wearing two aprons.)

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Aw,those pictures are adorable!

(S is getting that book for Christmas too! And your descriptions of the music-making sound exactly like what happens at our house.)

Nancy said...

Pretty cool mobile. You guys are so creative. I need to make that my new years resolution, to be more creative and activity oriented.

Linnea said...

I saw that book in the store and loved it!

The Clem Family said...

I think Red Fish is the most cultured two year-old I know! What a cutie!!!

Richinsrock said...

I would have to agree with Mandi. I love looking at all of the fun projects you do, and I want to buy that book.

Post a Comment