Friday, December 11, 2009

30

Today my love turns 30. He was saying that he didn't want to be 30 and I was telling him that he should be proud that he has accomplished so much in the past 30 years. So I'm going to brag on him.

1. He is a wonderful father to Red Fish and New Fish. He has helped bring children into our family through both adoption and birth. He let me get a dog even though he wasn't a fan and he takes really good care of Blue Fish. It's like having a 3rd child. He spends a lot of time with me and the girls. He's a great family man.

2. He has an eternal marriage (to me) He's a wonderful husband. He has put up with me for 7 years. (6+ years of marriage.) In a world full of broken marriages and unhappy people I found one of the good ones and being that kind of husband is an accomplishment.

3. He was accepted into the college of his choice and received a degree in information systems. He has learned several new computer languages and is constantly teaching himself new skills. He is always pushing himself to improve and learn. He took the GMAT and did very well.

4. He has a good job and provides well for his family. He took a job doing technical support over the phone in college even though he HATES talking on the phone and he prepares big presentations for work voluntarily even though he hates talking in front of people. He works hard both at work and at home.

5. He got his scuba certification. This was a very big deal when we got married. He has several technical scuba diving certifications. He has gotten certifications I don't even have and really stretched himself.

6. He is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints- joined 22 years ago. He attends church regularly and served a mission to the Philippines. He lived abroad for 2 years and speaks Tagalog fluently.

7. He is athletic. He was an all star football player in high school. He was also on the track team. He also allowed me teach him to ski after we got married.

8. He (well we) have bought two houses in the last 4 years. We have a nice home to raise our children in.

9. He has traveled to some cool places.

10. He has a good relationship with his mom and siblings. He treats people with respect. He has been good to my family.

I think my husband is wonderful. I feel lucky to wake up next to him everyday and I look forward to spending the next 3o years of his life with him. Happy Birthday baby!

2 comments:

The Clem Family said...

Happy Birthday, Two Fish!!!

Somers said...

Happy Birthday! Anyone would be proud to have accomplished so much in 30 short years.

Post a Comment