Sunday, December 6, 2009

My Christmas Gift To You

Well I was going to send this to my friends who did the pass it on promise but I decided to make it available to any of my friends who might like it. But Mandi, Mindi, Joanna, and Maria these are for you! We have a really fun tradition at our house of reading this Christmas story and then I have all of the symbols of Christmas in a bag. We learn the true meaning of each symbol so that we can appreciate the holiday season more. I've always loved it. We read it tonight and Red Fish just went crazy over it. She would ooh and aah over every symbol as we read the story. So here is the story and some coloring pages I made to make ornaments to go along with it. I'm not crazy about coloring pages but I really love this story so I think it makes a nice little project. You can download the pdf at the link at the bottom of the post.

I'm not great with web stuff so this link will only work for the next 7 days. I can email anyone the pdf after that. If I find a good way to post the pdf that won't expire I will fix it.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/MVNlb2VJQTZVbTkzZUE9PQ

6 comments:

Nancy said...

We love this story at our house too. I actually have a wooden tree that hangs on the wall that has all the different symbols as ornaments. Our tradition for the month of December is that every night we read a different Christmas story and sing a song. We turn all the lights off but the tree and then the person reading uses a flashlight to see. There are so many good stories out there for this holiday. Thats one reason why I like Christmas so much.

The Clem Family said...

Awesome! Thanks!

Blogful said...

What a thoughtful gift. Thank you!

Richinsrock said...

That is so very cute I am going to have to go get some ink so I can print it off.

Joanna said...

I love it! I'm saving it for the kids to do during the flight out next week! So cute, Thanks!

Lei said...

We read Mom's story in a bag every Christmas too. :)

Post a Comment