Friday, October 16, 2009

One Month Old


It's crazy to me that New Fish is already a month old. She is already growing up too fast. She is now average baby size. (Well the average size of most babies at birth anyway.) She no longer looks mini. She has smiled AT me a few times now and I love it. She is a pretty smiley baby but I swear these smiles are actually directed at me. New Fish eats two to three ounces at a time and pretty much eats every three hours almost to the minute. She is sleeping three hours at a time but she likes to be held for hours and hours. I'm not getting a great night's sleep but I'm enjoying the snuggle time. They are only babies for such a brief time. Red Fish has been sleeping in later than usual so I'm getting a little extra sleep in the mornings to help me function.


It was a beautiful day today, warm enough for a lot of outside play. We took full advantage of it because we don't know when it will be this nice again. Red Fish has been needing some one on one time with me, so my Mom came over to hold New Fish for awhile. Red Fish and I ran past the mall to use a coupon before it expired. Red Fish wanted to ride the escalator a few times and we rode the carousel. Then we went to the park and spent most of our time on the swings. Red Fish was thrilled to have me all to herself and I was thrilled to be out of the house and get some special time with her.After we got home we decided to go for New Fish's first walk. Sadly it did not start out so well. It took me 45 minutes to figure out how to open the new stroller my friend gave me. After much frustration and a disappointed toddler and dog on the verge of total hysteria it somehow popped open and I ended up punching myself. Awesome. I'm batting a zero on my attempts at outings with both kids this week. We went to the library on Wednesday and it was a disaster. Happily, we all enjoyed the walk. Red Fish loved riding next to New Fish. They are so cute together. It was a little harder pushing the bigger stroller uphill with the dog but certainly doable. I wish it was going to be warm longer so we could do more of them.

After our walk we went out and did some painting the backyard and Red Fish played in the dirt. I used the moby wrap for New Fish. I've pretty much used it nonstop all week. I LOVE it. New Fish is too small to stay upright in the sling yet and she prefers to be held that way, so the moby is working great. Plus, Two Fish can use it without any adjustments. I don't like to share my sling with him because then I have to readjust it. The moby holds New Fish really close so she is nice and snuggly and it is comfortable for me to wear. It feels a little like being pregnant, just extra weight on the front of you rather than a separate pack.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

One month already?! Where does time go. Im sure it feels great to be able to get out a little now. I remember that helping my sanity immensely when Josh was born. Ill have to check into getting a Moby wrap if you like yours so much. I have a feeling that Im going to be needing it that much more with the second child.

The Studes said...

I'm surprised that scott let you take a picture of him with the sling on... lol

Post a Comment