Thursday, October 8, 2009

Art Attempts

We've been trying to have some fun with the fall leaves we gathered. We started with a contact paper collage. Red Fish was so thrilled with the result she made everyone kiss it, including the dog and baby. I think we will be making a few of these.

I had this lovely plan to do some print making with leaves. We tried to stamp pads first but that didn't work out at all. Red Fish has been BEGGING to paint everyday for a week so I gave in and got out the paint. (This was scary because I haven't set up our messy area in the basement yet so we had to do it in the kitchen.) Making prints with the paint didn't work out at all either.
So Red Fish just started painting the leaves and we ended up with a very colorful pile of paint and leaves. She wants to make them into another collage when they are dry. Red Fish had a great time. It's a good thing it's more about the experience than anything else.

Next I think we are going to paint pumpkins.

On a side note- I swear I fix Red Fish's hair every morning. It usually lasts all of five minutes before she pulls any accessories out and rubs some food in it.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

im sure painting pumpkins will be a huge success. Your daughter is so creative and artistic! Im glad you are on the mend. Im dreading the day I have to pack up two kids to leave the house. Babies really do come with so many other necessities! You'll have to post about how you like the Moby wrap/ Ive been looking at wraps and slings thinking one may come in handy before not too long.

Lisa said...

When you do your collages on clear contact paper, you can hang them in the window, and the sun shining through will make them really beautiful.

We are doing leaf crafts too the next few weeks, but unfortunately most of my ideas are more for older kids. She might be able to try making rubbings of them, though.

Richinsrock said...

I think that is how all little girls hair is. I work so hard on the master piece and then they think it is fun to pull out.

Post a Comment