Thursday, November 22, 2012

Our Thanksgiving Dinner

 We had Thanksgiving dinner at our house this year for the first time.  My mother in law slept over last night and made the turkey for us.  She and the girls slept in the family room.  For some reason my pictures didn't save on my camera.  We made breakfast this morning and started the preparations.

 Red Fish made our place cards and put them on the little chocolate turkeys.  I think she did a pretty good job writing everyone's names.
The rainbow pom poms don't go with our Thanksgiving decor but Red Fish starts to cry anytime I mention taking them down.  I may hang them up in her room.
 We had all of the usual Thanksgiving fare- rolls, potatoes (I went way overboard), candied yams, turkey, green bean casserole, a vegetable tray, gravy, and sparkling cider.  We also had two kinds of pie and a spice cake.  Everything was delicious. 


 The kids made turkey cookies like Mimi used to make with me as a child.  A fudge striped cookie for the feathers, large marshmellow body, gumdrop head and candy corn beak. 
 My SIL also brought supplies for the kids to make corn husk dolls.

On this Thanksgiving I am thankful for family and friends.  I am thankful to be free and to live where I do.  I am thankful for a roof over my head and food on the table.  I am grateful for a husband who loves and supports me and whom I adore in return.  I am thankful for my Savior and my Heavenly Father.  Life is good.


0 comments:

Post a Comment