Sunday, September 30, 2012

New Fish The Three Year Old



 Just a few things that I want to remember about my little New Fish.

• She loves books and usually falls asleep with a book open across her legs.  She sleeps curled around another huge pile.  We spend a lot of time looking at books and her favorite place to go is the library.  She recently stopped calling it the "yi-bee-o" and can say library correctly now.  Sob.
• She adores her sister and follows her around copying her.  She also adores Red Fish's friends who always include her. It's sweet.
• She loves having her back scratched.
• She is a little snuggler.  She climbs in bed with me for a snuggle almost every morning.
• She doesn't sleep.  It kills me.
• She has a MASSIVE vocabulary and tells me funniest things on a daily basis.  I'm not sure where she gets most of her information.  She told me today that "real diamonds are the prettiest of the sparklies.  Fake diamonds aren't as pretty."
• She is really really loving the co-op preschool. She loves to learn new things.
• This child has a will of steel.  I think she inherited both mine and Two Fish's stubbornness.
• After a bumpy start she is totally potty trained now.  We just had to wait until she did it all by herself.  She wouldn't let us help her.  She even makes it through the night 95% of the time although I haven't stopped buying pullups because I hate changing sheets more than once a week.  
• She is constantly reminding me that she is 3!!!!! (insert serious attitude) and is NOT a baby anymore.  She is a big girl now. The ultimate insult in her mind is to be called "little."  Red Fish uses this to her advantage when she really wants to make New Fish mad.
• She loves to sing and listen to music.
• She loves to dance.
• When she has two items and one is larger (spoons, toys, whatever) she always calls one the mommy and one the honey.  Kids and babies are all honeys.
• She always says "Guess what Mom?  I love you."  It may be my favorite thing ever.
• She is becoming quite the little swimmer.  When I take her swimming I have to keep her life jacket on or she will fight me the whole time and think she can swim totally on her own.
• She is madly in love with all things princess.
• She still wants me to carry her everyplace.  Good thing she does not weigh much.
• She is a sugar addict but doesn't eat much.  I've started cooking breakfast specifically because her favorite foods are breakfast foods like eggs and pancakes.  She is still totally addicted to "Daddy cereal", Quaker Oat Squares.
• She likes getting her way.
• She can use a tablet and computer by herself.  It's scary.  I was playing Rusty and Rosy with her on the computer a few weeks ago and got up to answer the phone and came back and she was using the mouse and keys by herself with no problem.  I guess she didn't really need me.
• She is very attached to her family.
• She loves to call people on the phone and knows how to call many of her family members on my cell phone by herself and steals it every chance she gets.
• She is starting to understand the consequences of her actions.  This is a relief.
• She tries to steal pepperoni off of people's pizza.
• She loves making artwork almost as much as Red Fish does.
• She LOVES her ballet class and talks about it constantly.  She can't hear music without dancing.
•She loves Barbies and little princess figurines with a passion.
• Her favorite color is pink.
• She has to pick out her own outfits and shoes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment