Monday, June 4, 2012

Summer Party

It isn't a party at our house unless there are decorations.
 We had four birthdays in my extended family (my Mom, brother, sister in law & gradnma) to celebrate plus the beginning of summer.  Red Fish just learned about Hawaii in preschool and when we went to the dollar store to pick up a lei for her to wear, we found a bunch of super cheesy luau decorations.  Red Fish thought it would be very fun to have a "Hawaii party" so we did, in a non-authentic but fun way.  She was especially excited by our Flamingo printed table cloth. 
 I decided to go with a shishkabob theme for the food.  Nearly everything was on a stick.  We grilled veggies and had fruit.  We even had bread balls on sticks.  Each stick had a dip cup.  Next time I would try and make the dip cups more colorful.  We had cookies, ice cream and cake for dessert.
 My lovely friend Cassi told me how to make some delicious shredded pork.  We will definitely be making it again. 
Red Fish's job was to hand out the leis when people came in.
Some of my pictures came out blurry.  I probably need to clean fingerprints off of my camera. 
I love family get togethers. I really do.  Getting together with either side of our family is one of my very favorite things.  My kids absolutely love it.








Racing their horses or "hussies" as New Fish calls them.

1 comments:

Linnea said...

That party looks fun! I need to get your recipes for the "stick" food--my family would love that!

Post a Comment