Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Art Group Day 7 - Styrofoam Prints

 Today we discussed what print making is.  We looked at different types of prints and I even dragged some of my projects from high school and college out to show examples. We also look at some of Albrecht Durer's work. We did styrofoam prints using this process.  The brayers and better foam definitely helped this time.  Next year, I will definitely be investing in some ink and see if it helps keep the prints any clearer.  The littlest kids enjoyed the rollers more than anything else.  I will have to do some painting using the rollers with my kids.  Some monoprints are in our near future.
 We set up a little printing station but the kids mostly wanted to carry the things back to their own little work areas.  They like to spread out.

 The little kids needed more help on this one but I think it's because most of them don't have a lot of experience with print making.  Even with all of the art we do at home, my kids haven't done a ton of print making recently.
 The older kids got some very clear prints and I think everyone just loves making something.  As a group they are already improving and it's fun to see their little brains working when they concentrate on their creations.
 We also gathered up some rocks for the kids to paint so they will have something to hold down their papers during art group.  It is way too windy around here.



0 comments:

Post a Comment