Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Life

"Hello Pop Pops?  It's time to come home from your trip."
 My little Bubs is growing up.  We started potty training last week and thus far it is going really well and she has only had a few accidents.  She refuses to sit on our toilet so she has been using a little plastic potty.  I have take the potty places with us, which is extremely inconvenient but it's a step in the right direction. 

New Fish has been my little snuggle buddy lately and usually wakes up before I do and comes to sneak in bed with me for extra snuggles in the morning.  I love it. When I pick her up she still puts her head on my shoulder and cuddles.  I'm going to be really sad when she stops doing that.

New Fish has a huge vocabulary and often uses words she doesn't quite know the meaning of.  A few weeks ago, she said she didn't want to do something and I told her that was obvious.  She immediately became enraged and yelled: "Don't you call me Obvious!  I not obvious!  I think she thought I was calling her a name.  She was furious when I couldn't help but laugh.


 Recently, we've been swimming with my Mom, sister in law Lee Lee and Butterball.  New Fish has recently become a total fish in the water and I have to keep her life jacket on her because she won't allow me to help her at all.  She can swim a little bit but isn't to be trusted in water over her head.  Obviously I would never leave either of my kids unattended in the water- I'm just saying I can't be more than an arms distance from her without her jacket.  It's more fun for both of us if she wears her jacket so she can propell herself around the pool, jump off the side and generally be a maniac.
 Red Fish has been able to swim around the pool unaided for awhile now.  Often when I ask her to do something lately, she will say I'm just....some other thing she is doing.  I have frequently told her that if she has to say: "I'm just" it means she isn't listening to Mommy.  Today she asked for something and when I said "No" she told me: "Mommy, when you say no to me it means you haven't been listening."  Nice try kid. 

Last time I got her something in a drive thru, the restaurant accidentally gave her juice instead of milk.  When we went to the drive thru the next time Red Fish told me: "Okay Mommy.  This time I want to get juice.  So I need you to say- 'Hello.  My daugher [Red Fish] would like to have milk with her meal.'  Should we practice it a few times Mommy?"  If you can't tell- we practice saying polite things in the car sometimes. 

When my clients from Japan were in town last week, Red Fish met them during a meeting I couldn't find a sitter for and asked me why everyone was speaking Spanish.  When I told her it was Japanese she told me: "No, I'm pretty sure it's Spanish."  She is a crack up.
Butterball
I'm often tempted to steal him- he is so cute.

0 comments:

Post a Comment