Sunday, May 20, 2012

Eclipse Fail



 There was a solar eclipse today.  I guess this type of eclipse only occurs approximately every 18 years.  I had the girls watch videos on eclipses and we talked about it and prepared a pinhole projector.  The internet instructions told us the longer our boxes were, the better. 


And this is what we saw... fail.  The left side is the tiny projection of the eclipse and the right is the sun totally covered in clouds.  Super lame.  Below is what we were hoping to see.  I guess we will try and catch it next time?  Or tell the girls that we saw it when they were really little and they just don't remember how awesome it was? As Red Fish would say: "That is not a truth,"  The good news is my kids keep talking about how we built a robot today.  Apparently they thought it was cooler than we did.

1 comments:

Somers said...

You know what? I remember going out to see an eclipse when I was in Elementary school, and it wasn't much cooler than what we saw yesterday. Maybe if we had all gone to Kannaraville...

Post a Comment