Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day In The Life Of A Rockstar

 Sometimes, my job can be pretty random.  I can be designing posters, trade show booths, CDs and marketing materials on my computer.  I might be picking out music styles that would fit in with our music library or figuring out a new way to market music.  Lately I've been planning a huge party, customizing one of a kind advertising pieces with wax and a custom branding iron.  The list could go on... it's a random life.  Things have been especially crazy lately and I will be relieved when this month is over.  One huge project came to a close yesterday.

After many phone calls, emails and planning meetings, a crew from Panasonic in Japan flew to shoot a music video of one of our songs written by a good friend of mine.  I was one of the violinists in the band.  The crew rented out a club downtown and we filmed all day.  It was a blast!  This Fall, every electronic store with Panasonic TVs, around the world, will play our music video. 
We had our hair and makeup done before the shoot.
 All of the band members were supposed to bring three outfits for the director to pick from.  I had one dress (shown in all of the pictures) that he liked but he told me to do more shopping.  I had to run to the mall before it closed for the night and desperately search for a new outfit.  My friend L and I found ourselves an extra fabulous, rock and roll looking drag queen to shop with us.  She picked me out some short leather overalls to wear.  Luckily, the director had me go with my original outfit, so I was able to still look somewhat like myself in the video.  It was still a fun adventure.  In case you are wondering, yes, I did own and wear those shoes and tights before the video shoot.

Rocking out!

I kind of want the red streaks in my hair to be permanent now.  Maybe feel a little more rockstar in daily life.
 Unfortunately, most of the string parts in the piece were cut due to time restraints so the director asked us to dance and rock out on stage.  It was SO FAR out of my comfort zone.  "Backup dancer #2" isn't exactly a role I ever saw myself playing so that was pretty mortifying but I tried to tell myself that the more I could get into it and the more embarrassing it felt, hopefully the more comfortable I would look.  Hopefully I was right. 
 Our band and the crew from Panasonic
My friend, the song writer and lead singer
 All in all it was a blast!  Definitely something to check off of the bucket list! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment