Saturday, December 10, 2011

Gingerbread Night

 We spent the evening at Scott's brother's house doing our yearly gingerbread making.  It's a fun (and messy) tradition.  Every kid gets their own house to decorate and there is frosting and candy galore.  We've made soups the last few years so they get something in their stomach before the onslaught of sugar.
Red Fish's house and it's "flower garden"
 Red Fish got very into decorating her house.  We bought a kit that had four Snoopy houses in it so both girls got two tiny houses.  The red frosting makes Snoopy look like he was involved in a slaughter.  Scott's brother assembled the houses with melted brown sugar instead of frosting this year and they are incredibly solid this year.
New Fish's houses
 New Fish enjoyed sticking candy in her mouth more than on her house.  She is our resident sugar addict.  We have read several articles on the genetic links for sugar addiction like this one.  Poor New Fish never had a chance.  She got her sugar cravings from me!  Good thing her cousin E was at the gingerbread party.  New Fish loves her more than sugar and was following after her all night.  If E got more than two feet away from New Fish she would start calling E to come get her.


Hard At Work

2 comments:

JoandDoug said...

What a fun tradition! It does look a little messy but worth it! I wish I could make the pictures bigger on my blog! My dumb camera finally gave up the ghost so I took those ones with my crappy phone so they're tiny. I hope Santa brings me a new camera this year so that I can have better pictures!

The Clem Family said...

Sounds like the holiday festivities are in full swing for ya! Great pics!!!

Post a Comment