Thursday, December 8, 2011

General Merriment

We've been busy being merry.  There has been plenty of Christmas stories read around here. We've been listening to Christmas music frequently.  Unfortunately New Fish is very picky about her Christmas music and if something doesn't live up to her standards she starts ranting about "stupid Santa music."
I rescued some coffee filters that someone was going to throw out and the girls have painted dozens of them with watercolors.  I planned to make garlands but the colors didn't come out that well on the recycled paper.  So I stiched a few piles together to make pom poms.  The girls are equally thrilled with them.   We went to drive through some Christmas lights, see reindeer and an ice sculpture.  We made candy and caramel apples with friends.  (sadly no pictures)  We have gingerbread houses to make, Santa to visit, and many other fun activities on deck.  It should be a great month.
 
Over the next couple of weeks I'm hoping to focus on the true meaning of Christmas a little more with my kids. I need to make sure my kids know that Christmas is not Santa's birthday.  I finished up a couple of Family Home Evening lessons on Christ's birth.  The girls have been playing quite a bit with their new little people nativity.  I'm so happy they love it and so happy they are leaving my other nativities alone now.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Sounds like December is full of fun ideas and projects at your house! I have the little people nativity too and it works wonder with keeping little fingers off my other more breakable pieces.

The Clem Family said...

I've seen those little people nativity sets! I'm gonna have to get one for my kids. Sounds like you guys are having a very festive Christmas season! Cute pics!!!

Gwen said...

I love that Dad is reading a Fancy Nancy book!

Post a Comment