Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Eve

Our little family
Red Fish, Cousin S, My Aunt S, and New Fish playing cell phone games

 We went to Christmas Eve at my grandparent's house as we have since I was a little kid. We sang carols the whole way there in the car.  Two Fish used to be a Christmas grinch but he has seriously come around to the spirit of the season the last few years.  He even puts up with my cheesy singing with the girls and joins in.

  My grandparents always have treats galore and food at their house. This year was no exception, even though my Bockum currently has a broken arm.  Grandma worked overtime.  We had dinner with my Aunt and Uncle and two of my cousins. 
My parents, My brother (Doo) and his wife (M.E.) 
We decided to have a Nativity this year.  It was the first nativity we've had since I was a little kid.  It was pretty funny.  We had several enthusiastic wise men.  Everyone knows how much Two Fish loves to wear a costume.  He was pretty thrilled his headpiece was shiny. 
 Red Fish was Joseph and she insisted she was the one to ride the donkey (my cousin S.)  New Fish played Mary and she kept running away with the baby Jesus. 
 The shepards (sushi chefs?  Ninjas?) stood properly amazed at the Angel (me.)
 The nativity was a spectacle to behold.  It was fun a pretty humorous attempt.
"Wise Men"
Sheep one and Sheep two with the angel
 
 After the nativity I changed the girls into their Christmas jammies. 

On the way home we saw a yard full of deer with giant antlers.  The girls went ballistic and were positive Santa was inside that house.  They were in a terrible rush to get home and get in bed.  They were spotting Rudolph the whole way home (red lights on the tops of building and signs) and they were convinced he was hot on our tail.  They have never wanted to go to bed so badly.  They ran inside and jumped into their beds and Red Fish even kicked Two Fish out of her room so she could get to sleep.  Too bad Santa doesn't come everynight!


1 comments:

Linnea said...

I love these pictures! It sounds like a blast--maybe we should try it on this side of the family next Christmas! We could hold Gingerbread House time hostage to the completion of the live nativity. Although I'm pretty sure if we tried it the men would revolt

Post a Comment