Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Invisibles

Our house seems to be under attack from invisible people. Yesterday, Red Fish couldn't go in her room to get her shoes because "a scary guy" was in there and he had her shoes. I had to yell at "scary guy" several times and tell him to "Get out!" before Red Fish could go in her room. Then today a "bad kid" was messing with the toys Red Fish was playing with and after she tattled on him several times, I had to get after "bad kid." Mysterious things are happening around here...

3 comments:

The Clem Family said...

Wait until the mysterious "Nobody" comes to your house and creates messes and all kinds of havoc!

Blogful said...

My favorite was that my SIL called Lysol "Monster Killer" and sprayed it under beds before the kids went to sleep. Imagination at work!

Linnea said...

Oh yes--we've had mysterious people for years. Ivy swears there's a ghost downstairs so I told her one day that I sat downstairs in her room while she was at school until the ghost showed himself. I told her the ghost's name (I can't remember it--obviously I made it up) and that the ghost was really very nice but scared of people and sometimes inadvertently made noises because he was tring to hide himself. She's Ivy so she totally bought it...just like she bought cornions. She would come out of her room sometimes and say "Mom, tell Ralph (the ghost) to quit being so loud so I can go to sleep." I would 'get after' Ralph by yelling into the air, "RALPH--settle down!! Ivy won't hurt you!!" The other kids would hide their heads and try not to laugh and Ivy would go to bed.

Post a Comment