Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Eve

On Thursday night, we went to see Tangled with the girls. It was the second movie we have taken them both to. We saw Toy Story 3 over the summer. My parents went with us and it was really fun. I'm a little concerned because Red Fish keeps talking about haircuts especially after seeing Rapunzel's hair cut off. Blue Fish recently had a haircut and so did Two Fish and it seems to have made an impression. I've hidden all of the scissors in the house.

After the movie, New Fish didn't seem to be feeling great and she got a fever. I took her to the doctor on Friday morning while Two Fish spent some time with his Mom and Red Fish. New Fish screamed like I have never heard her scream before and it turns out she is getting molars (which is weird since she only has 4 teeth total) and has a particularly nasty ear infection. The anti-biotics make her sick and turn her into a human explosive so she didn't have the best Christmas ever.
Doesn't he look thrilled?

This year we went over to Grandma and Bockum's for Christmas Eve. We had dinner, sang Christmas carols and opened a few gifts. I just helped Bockum publish his life history so he handed out copies to everyone. New Fish enetertained herself by picking up everyone's wrapping paper and collecting them in a big bag. It was really nice to have everyone together for Christmas eve this year. Now that we are all married it makes the holidays more complicated.

M.E. and Doo
We read the Christmas story and talked about everyone's Christmas traditions.
J, Lee Lee, and Mimi
By the time we put on the girl's jammies, New Fish was not a happy girl but they both fell asleep in the car on the way home and we just carried them up to bed.
This is my favorite part of Christmas right now. I LOVE being Santa. I went completely overboard this year and bought way too many presents but I think the girls love everthing they got. The left side is New Fish, the middle is full of things to share and the right side is Red Fish. Santa doesn't wrap in our house because I think it is way more fun to set up a little display of their toys. New Fish got a steering wheel, a huge box of foam stickers, dinosaurs, books, bath towells (so hopefully we can stop fighting over the dog towell that Grandma made) a puzzle and wood blocks.

They both got some musical instruments, and dress up clothes. I must insert that I love the dollar store and Halloween clearance aisle for dress ups. They got princess dresses and gloves and necklaces. I made them boas but those haven't gone over well. They also got some of the world's coolest popup books. If you have never seen of David Carter's books, you really need to see one. I'm not sure I can let the girls touch them because they are so beautiful.

Red Fish got bath towells, a whole bunch of animals and dinosaurs, a small dollhouse, books, puzzles, a bee flashlight, a small stuffed bee, and the all important bee game. She also got some new shoes and slippers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment