Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The School Bus

Today my sweet baby turned three. It makes me tear up just thinking about it. She is so funny and dramatic and smart. She is a prolific artist and spends her days filling pages with drawings, collages and paintings. She is sweet to her sister (at least half the time) and teaches her how to play games. She snuggles me and gives me hugs every single day. Red Fish is as stubborn as they come and cannot be swayed. I'm hoping that sticks with her so her peers can't convince her to rebel as a teen. For the last month, Red Fish has been talking about how she is going to be three and have a party.
Today is also the first day of Red Fish's new preschool. It is her new speech program. She will attend twice a week for three hours. I'm NOT ready for her to head to preschool. She is so little and I need more time with her at home. Red Fish was really excited though. We've talked about the school bus (YES A SCHOOLBUS HOW SAD IS THAT?) and what school will be like. I think she is really going to like it and she has been very excited. She got very excited to get dressed and wait for the bus this morning. This is the same outfit I wore to my first day of preschool. It was a little bit small for her but I got it on her. My Dad bought it in England when I was a little kid.
Her school requires a regular size backpack which I think is ridiculous because she is so tiny but she loves the new bag.
New Fish was excited to wait with her sister for the bus. She was very sad when she was left behind.Red Fish showed no fear. She got on the bus and waved goodbye like she has been doing it all her life. I got a little teary.And then there was one baby at home.

3 comments:

Somers said...

Oh... your post made ME tear up. Happy Birthday to Red, we are shopping for a gift today!

Gregg Sorensen Family said...

It is amazing how fast she has grown up! It is ok to cry, I always get teary when my kids head to school for the first day.

The Clem Family said...

Love the pic of the two of them on the porch! Red is growing way too fast! Tell her to stop!

Post a Comment