Friday, November 26, 2010

It's Me, Not You.

For some reason, I've been struggling. I haven't been connecting to my kids as much as I want to. I was blaming it on stages they are going through. New Fish hasn't been wanting snuggles or hugs and she doesn't sleep through the night still. Red Fish is kind of demanding with all her appointments and her constant need for an activity. So I prayed about it and asked to be able to connect more. The answer I got was- It's you that is the problem. Slowdown and concentrate on just loving them and nothing else. So I decided to concentrate on them more and suddenly New Fish wants to be held and snuggled. Red Fish is easier to entertain. I guess everything else will wait.

2 comments:

Blogful said...

Isn't prayer great?! Thanks for this post.

Richinsrock said...

Isn't it sad that as mom's we sometimes forget what is really important, and what our kids really want is something so simple. I have felt that way for a couple years and I keep thinking as soon as school is done I will do better, but I think I just need to forget about school and do it now. Thanks for the reminder.

Post a Comment