Monday, November 29, 2010

30 Before 30

When I was 18 I made a list of 30 things I wanted to do before age 30. I just dug up the list to see how I'm doing.

1. Play my violin in something cool- DONE I've played in several very cool big venues and on a few films.
2. Learn to play the drums better- I've forgotten everything I ever knew.
3. Spend more time skiing- DONE but I can ALWAYS ski more
4. Buy a piano- DONE
5. Have my own art show- I still really really want to do this. Doing it in the next year is probably unrealistic
6. Become a scuba instructor- DONE
7. Run a marathon- No longer interested.
8. Get married- DONE
9. Have children through birth and/or adoption - Have done both
10. Learn a Foreign language- Never gonna happen
11. Write a book- I just helped a family member write their life history and completely lay it out with pictures etc. so I'm saying DONE but I'd like to write a book entirely on my own.
12. Make a film- I made several crazy ones in college and that's the closest I'm going to get.
13. Write music- I own part of a music library does that count? Sort of. Not really but I'm counting it anyway.
14. Learn to sew- I can sew straight lines.
15. Learn more about sound studios. DONE but there is so so so much more to learn.
16. Learn to cook- epic fail.
17. Go rock climbing- I've been but not for a long time and I'd really like to make time for more in the future.
18. Go hangliding or sky diving- Who wants to help me fulfill this one in the next year?
19. Travel to Spain, Italy, France, Australia and Africa- I haven't been any of those places
20. Backpack through Europe- my one big regret is that I didn't just do this when I was young and not tied down with responsibility.
21. Go to the theatre and see several cool things- DONE
22. Learn to tap dance- DONE - well as good as it is gonna get
23. Live in a big city- DONE
24. Learn to play tennis- haven't done a thing.
25. Learn to draw better- I haven't drawn nearly enough
26. Become a professional artist- DONE
27. Open a graphic design agency- It's here. It's small but I've done some cool things.
28. Make a lot of time for art making- I make something almost every single day. I'd like to do more art for myself rather than clients though.
29. Learn more about computers- sort of.
30. Own a home- DONE

I've accomplished 19 of the goals. Several I don't care about anymore. I could probably accomplish a few over the next year. Some are just never gonna happen.

6 comments:

Joanna said...

Me! Me! Me! I'll go sky diving or hang gliding with you!!!!

The Clem Family said...

Let's go hang gliding or sky diving! Tell me when and where and I'll be there!

Somers said...

I'm shocked that you didn't have to learn a foreign language for your BA, lucky. Looks like you've got a few places to visit in the next year... and I've heard Europe is a lot better NOT backpacking, hostels can be pretty icky. Thanks for the inspiration to set some new goals for myself.

Linnea said...

You and Red Fish are great list makers!! Vince and I had a great time reading both!!!

Gregg Sorensen Family said...

I'll go skydiving with you!

Richinsrock said...

I would love to skydive too. Count me in on that one. What a fun thing to do. Maybe I will have to do a 50 things to do before I am 50 lol.

Post a Comment