Monday, November 22, 2010

For Those Of You Who Require More Pics of My Hair


This is what my hair has looked like since I cut it. A funky bed head monstrosity.
Apparently, I am related to Sampson. My strength and health were contained in my hair. Once I cut it off, I had to stay in bed for a solid 8 days. I got strep throat, a staph infection, and a gnarly virus. My face and mouth have been rotting off for the last week. Awesome. I'm feeling better today, slightly more human. I think it was the most sick I have been since I got mono in highschool. In highschool I didn't have tiny people who were dependent on me so this was worse. I took care of myself one day last week and it made me so ill I called my Mom bawling in the middle of the night and made her swear to come take care of us the next day.

No I do not have a better picture from the front. I narrowly missed the generation of people who photograph themselves daily on their phone to update their profile. Taking pictures of myself makes me feel goofy and it shows in all of the pictures. A goofy face combined with a Dr. Seuss haircut just looks silly. (Today was my first attempt at actually fixing my new hair though and I was semi-successful. That is saying a lot since I'm hair handicapped.)

I don't really get texting either. You should just lump me in your mind with the crowd of people who are upwards of sixty because I don't really text. I respond sporatically or communicate a few times with people who REALLy love texting but the subculture is entirely lost on me. I definitely do NOT speak acronym. Now I'm just rambling... cue the children's artwork.

Red Fish has been very into drawing enclosed shapes lately. She fills pages and pages with them. She says she is "writing names."
New Fish is getting interested in using paint brushes more. I let them do some ink paintings the other day while I laid on the floor.
Here is Red Fish's painting.
Red Fish got some cute stamps, stickers, and a Crayola color explosion coloring set. It comes with special paper that makes the markers appear really bright. I like that she gets to draw on a dark surface. It's something new and fun in the world of markers and Red Fish spends ALOT of time drawing with markers.
Both kids survived the week. There was a whole lot of Barney and Dora The Explorer, both of which are painful to watch but seem to hold some kind of magical spell over my kids.


Red Fish got to attend the bi-yearly trombone choir concert again. She loved it as usual.

It's late and my brain still isn't fully functional so please forgive the rambling post.

5 comments:

The Studes said...

love it!

Somers said...

nice to hear from you again. glad you survived!

Gregg Sorensen Family said...

I like the hair. You can make any style look good though. I am glad to hear you are feeling a little better. There is nothing worse than being sick with young kids still needing you. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.

The Clem Family said...

You still let your kids do art sessions while you were sick?! You ARE supermom! Oh, and the part about not doing your hair for 8 days straight isn't entirely true; you had it done when you came to my house on Saturday. Glad your feeling better!

Lisa said...

We've been looking at your hair, and Dallin INSISTS that it is NOT you, lol!

Post a Comment