Monday, November 8, 2010

Long Post of a Ridiculously Fun Weekend

It was a fantastic weekend! Muffy, my roomie from college and her husband Arby came to visit us. I got to go on two awesome dates with my husband (Thanks Clara and Josh for babysitting!) and spend the whole weekend having a blast.
On Friday night we went to see Bram Stoker's Dracula at the theatre. It definitely was not as good as the book but I still really enjoyed it. The first half was a little cheesy and I was pleased when they killed Lucy Westerna off because her terrible accent was killing me. The set was great and I liked the adaptation from the book.Muffy and I went back to campus to show Arby and go to a football game with some friends. We took a picture outside of our old dorm since it has been 10 years since we lived there.
All of us at the football game. It was ridiculously warm ouside for November. Lovely N and her husband L are on the left. Lovely N went to highschool with Muffy and I met her when she came out to visit and later moved here. Sparky and A in the front. Sparky was Two Fish's roommate in college and we were all really tight friends. Muffy and Arby in back. We loved having them visit. It's so fun to see Muffy so happy. I love being around other happily married couples. It makes the world seem happier. Then Two Fish and I are on the right side.
Saturday night we went for Tepanyaki and Sushi for Muffy's birthday. The little girls loved the show the chef put on for us.

Sunday afternoon we went up in the mountains and walked around the frozen lake. We had to make sure that Muffy and Arby got to use the cold weather gear they packed for their trip.
All of the girls

Our little family
New Fish thinks she is such a big kid now. She kept trying to run off into the woods by herself so we had to keep close tabs on her.
Little A and Red Fish playing by the fire pit. After our walk around the lake we found a fire pit and made tinfoil dinners and smores. I think the mountains (and the ocean) are my happy place. Nothin better than sitting around a campfire with friends.
Arby made good friends with all of the kids and was chasing them around like crazy. They love him.

It was a fantastic weekend. So fun to be with old friends and newer ones. There is something to be said for keeping friends who knew you at certain times in your life. Childhood friends, highschool friends, college friends etc. They know you like nobody else ever can.

Sometimes the chaos of my life can be overwhelming so this weekend was a perfect break from reality!

2 comments:

The Studes said...

so fun!!! my car smelled like camp fire this morning when i got into it.. lol

i'm sad muffy had to go (

The Clem Family said...

How fun! Cute pics!

Post a Comment