Sunday, June 6, 2010

2 years

Lately, Red Fish has been very interested in the temple. She wants to drive by or walk around the grounds constantly. She talks endlessly about her uncle M getting married to E at the temple this summer and by talk I mean gesture wildly and say their names over and over. I've been trying to tell Red Fish about how we were sealed in the temple to her two years ago. Trying to break all this down for a two year old has made me think a lot about what it means to be sealed to my family forever. I feel so lucky. I've got to say I was a little bummed we didn't need to be sealed to New Fish (she was born under the covenant and automatically sealed to us.) It's such a cool experience, I wish we could do it all over again.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I felt the same way about our second child. My husband was converted while in Iraq and baptised while home on a two week leave by my father. We were sealed a year later when Alissa, our first born, was about 2. When we had Abby, I had the same thought. It was one of the most precious experiences of my life.

The Clem Family said...

It was an amazing experience when Brian and I got sealed to each other and to our children. Gracie, of course, was born in the covenant. But, it's all so wonderful to think about!

Post a Comment