Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Goodnight Kisses

I carry the freshly bathed New Fish into her room. I love to hold her close and press my cheek against hers. I love the fresh baby smell and the way her squishy baby cheek crinkles when she smiles. She laughs and turns her face into my neck. Ah babies. There is nothing like it.

I'm reading in bed and Red Fish runs in and pounces on me. I get a tight squeeze, she shakes me to let me know how much she loves me and gives me a quick kiss as she bounces out of the room. There is nothing like the boisterous hug of a happy little girl.

I'm watching TV with Two Fish before we head upstairs for the night. He gives me a soft kiss on the top of my head for no reason at all. Just a habit to make sure we both know we are loved. There is nothing like a spontaneous kiss from the love of your life.

And yes Blue Fish likes to wait until I'm almost asleep and pop up over the side of the bed to give me a slobbery lick but it isn't nearly as special as my other nightly kisses.

1 comments:

The Clem Family said...

I love it! I enjoy those little kisses as well. However, I don't have to deal with doggie slobber, but one day.... Great post!

Post a Comment