Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Art Group Day 1


We had a great time playing with liquid watercolors today. We started by looking at Strange Stains and Mysterious Smells: Based on Quentin Cottington's Journal of Faery Research by Terry Jones and Brian Froud. We practiced using splatter techniques, spray bottles, bingo bottles and brushes on a big tablecloth. Then everyone got their own texas snowflakes and bleeding papers. I think they all had a great time. I'm looking forward to all of our projects this summer.









How gorgeous are these? I love the colors and the way the kids mixed the paint. I am totally inspired by the way children create. I'm pretty sure I could watch them all day.

“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.” - Pablo Picasso

 


Glitter Liquid Watercolor - Set of All 8


Liquid Watercolor Texas Snowflakes


100 Liquid Watercolor Diffusing Paper Shapes



 

5 comments:

Richinsrock said...

I am sure they would have loved to paint all day, they are already looking forward to next week.

Somers said...

Thanks for a fun morning!

Joanna said...

that looks so crazy and so fun! It sucks we live so far apart!

The Clem Family said...

My kids have their creations hanging in their bedroom windows. Thanks so much! My kids loved it!

Gregg Sorensen Family said...

Thanks so much for a fun morning! My kids were asking what time we were going to art today. I told them it wasn't until next Wednesday and they were all sad, thanks for helping them create!

Post a Comment