Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Under Construction

Cari- I've been using your quiliting tutorial for my second sewing project!

Well the nesting has officially reached epic proportions. We are under major construction. I'm really going to try and get a bunch of it done before New Fish arrives on the scene. I've taken on a major sewing project that I'm actually really enjoying. I'm made more curtains, and I'm making a quilted cushion for Red Fish's newly built window seat. (I always wanted a window seat when I was little.) It's been a crazy week. I'm feeling pretty uncomfortable at this point and I'm soooooo over the nausea and puking. I'm really looking forward to that going away. 9 months of flu-like symptoms is enough to drive a person insane.

On the upside I'm actually really looking forward to the birth. I've put a lot of time and thought into preparing and I'm getting really excited. There is really nothing more amazing than having a child join your family. It's crazy to think there is going to be a tiny baby around here again. That part sure doesn't last very long. Red Fish is only 20 months and she is such a little girl already. I'm really trying to soak up this shrinking amount of time when it is just the two of us all day. Tonight she was having kind of a rough night so the two of us just lay on her big stuffed dog and snuggled for half and hour while she patted my face. I love the little moments like that. Red has gotten so independent lately and she is always so full of personality. It makes me excited to see what New Fish is going to be like. I wonder if she will be like Red Fish or completely different from her sister. I'm looking forward to them just being sisters! I always wanted a sister when I was little (although I'm pretty fond of my brothers.)

It will be kind of nice to feel a little more confident as a mom this time around. Last time I was terrified I wouldn't know how to take care of Red Fish or that I wouldn't feed her right or be able to comfort her. I know every child is different but hopefully I won't leap out of bed every time New Fish sighs. The idea of ever leaving the house with two babies sounds a little terrifying. One toddler who throws some pretty impressive tantrums is terrifying enough at times. My greatest fear right now is that I won't recognize the labor when it happens. That might sound silly but I'm afraid I won't know when it's really time to go to the hospital. Keep your fingers crossed that everything goes as smoothly as possible.

3 comments:

Blogful said...

That you are so worried shows what a great mom you are. The Lord will bless you when 2 comes along. You will see. Things will be easier than you think.
One great piece of advice I got: If both are crying, respond to the older first. They will remember it and the baby won't and often their needs are quick fixes.
Honored that you are making that quilt. Looks awesome!

Richinsrock said...

Good luck! It really isn't that bad going to the store with two. For the first little while the baby will sleep anyway. You will be just fine you are such a cute mom, and your quilt looks so cute. Tiffany and I want you to write a book about all the fun things that make us other moms look not so great so we can look better too. Can't wait for girls night.

Linnea said...

I'm chuckling because I worried about recognizing labor in time with all my pregnancies! But I made it. We're so excited for you!

Post a Comment