Thursday, August 20, 2009

Playroom

Well in direct contrast with my last post- here is my latest project. (Poor Two Fish is at the mercy of my hyperactive nesting- good thing he got a solo vacation last week.) I was totally freaked out by the bright yellow paint when we first put it on but now I like it. (It helps that the room isn't empty anymore.) I've been dying to do this playroom for the last year. I bought the Melissa Sweet alphabet cards a long time ago when I saw them on sale in a toy store and have wanted to use them in a kids room. The clothespins to hang them up with were ridiculously hard to find. I bought the shelves and bins at Ikea as well as the other hanging stuff. It almost killed me that we just patched and painted the room and then proceeded to put 24 holes in the wall to hang everything up and bolt the shelves to the wall. I totally forgot about the tent Red Fish got last Christmas. It was sitting in the closet. It takes up a lot of space so I don't know if we will leave it set up all the time. Today has pretty much been like Christmas for Red Fish. She didn't get any new toys but reorganizing them makes them seem totally new. She has been racing around the playroom clapping her hands.The little table is a $7 end table from Ikea. I took two pillows and recovered them in some sunflower fabric my grandmother (Mimi) gave me and made a matching tablecloth. Red Fish keeps smelling the flowers and saying they smell good.
The marionette and unbrella are from some of my parent's travels.
The orange magnet boards are from Ikea and are to display Red Fish's artwork. Office Depot has some really fun magnets right now.
The mirror and hooks are for dress up play. (From Ikea- everything was a HUGE pain to put together and hang up but it's cheap so we deal with it. It totally bothers me that they don't include any of the hardware.)

5 comments:

Lei said...

I lvoe it Kerstin! It looks great!

Lisa said...

I love it! Wanna come do mine next? (Most of my problem is that I don't have a playroom, hence toys in the family room.)

The Clem Family said...

I wanna a playroom like that for me filled with all my toys. I would have a place for my Nerf shotgun and Nerf sword! The tent is soooo legit!!!!

Gregg Sorensen Family said...

Ok I want to hire you to come and decorate my house. When you are not prego and nesting you can come to my house and I will watch the baby!! :)

Richinsrock said...

I love it. I really lie that you told us where you got everything and how you did it. You make me want to redo my house. I may have to hire you to come give me pointers when I paint Kylie's room. Imagine that you do this kind of thing for a living. You still have to be born with the talent.

Post a Comment