Sunday, August 2, 2009

Tip to all waiters

We went out to dinner last night for what was supposed to be a celebration. Instead I spent most of the time plotting the death of my waiter.

We specifically went to a restaurant that we know brings a baby plate (a little plate of sliced bananas and bread) as soon as you sit down. There was a long wait to be seated so we knew we would need food fast. Red Fish likes to go out to dinner and she's generally really good as long as she gets something to eat pretty fast. We brought her snacks (none of which she would eat) and we asked for the baby plate three times after we were seated. The waiter did not bring the plate for 45 minutes and he never brought the bread basket at all. Our meal took way over an hour to come (pasta and avacado eggrolls don't take that long to cook.) The waiter seemed to wander around the restaurant aimlessly and stop to stare at us every few minutes. Red Fish was having a complete melt down because she was starving. I wanted to just go home. Scott was getting really tired of asking the waiter to bring the freaking bread. A good time was not had by all.

Tip to all waiters- do NOT withhold food from a toddler and a hungry pregnant woman. You may not survive. Five more minutes and I probably would have stabbed you with my fork. Bring the bread basket or risk a painful death.

4 comments:

Linnea said...

I think you should have engaged in the fork stabbing!! No tip, I hope.

JoandDoug said...

We've had simialr experiences at that same restaurant. If the desserts they're famous for were not so tasty we would probably never go back! One time we were there a couple came to be seated by us, took one look at our kids, and asked for another table. It's a little frustrating that they can't be more baby friendly.

One Fish said...

It's sad that you can tell what restaurant we were at!

Richinsrock said...

I think the fork sounded good, and I love that you are so pregnant. For some reason when I am pregnant I can't refrain from telling people what I really think. That is one reason we don't take the kids out very often. You would think that here in Utah they would be a little more kid friendly. I say don't go back no matter how good the dessert is.

Post a Comment