Friday, August 28, 2009

Tania



Introducing baby Tania, born in the cabbage patch May 12th and adopted by Red Fish August 21st. Anybody near my age knows the serious nature of owning a cabbage patch doll. They were all the rage when I was a little girl. I remember taking my solemn adoption oath to adopt my cabbage patch baby and love her forever and I still have her adoption papers. Last week my grandparents gave Red Fish her first cabbage patch and she has not separated from it since. I'm a little worried that Red Fish thinks this is the baby we've been expecting. Now New Fish's swing, clothes, blankets, toys etc. have all been confiscated for baby Tania. Red Fish brushes her hair and wraps her in a blankie and takes her everywhere. It is so sweet to see her patting her and kissing her and rocking her. She treats her like a real baby. I love seeing her little instincts to care for a baby. Hopefully Red Fish and Tania won't get too jealous when New Fish arrives on the scene and wants to share the baby clothes.

2 comments:

The Clem Family said...

That is soooo cute! My girls never played with dolls like that....but, then again, they are MY girls. ;)

And, yes I did own Cabbage Patch dolls. I had two!

Richinsrock said...

I still have my paper for my cabbage patch too. My girls all have their dolls and papers too. I agree it is a right of passage.

Post a Comment