Thursday, May 5, 2011

Clean House

 The little cardboard house the girls got for Easter has been well loved. Hours of entertainment have been had with it.  The house has been played with, colored with markers, crayons and oil pastels and nearly loved to death so I let the girls paint it next.  It was a long project for them.  It's the biggest thing they've ever painted and they loved every minute of it.  The house now lives outside and keeps falling over.  I'm pretty sure it will need to be sneaked out to the bin soon but maybe I will just get them a big box to play in next.
Most of the time, I feel like my real house looks just like this.  Covered in sticky handprints, dirt and paint.  I complain a lot that my house can never be all clean.  As soon as I clean something, another room gets destroyed beyond repair.  So for mother's day my husband gave me a totally clean house.  Best present ever.  It lasted a full thirty seconds and then New Fish came inside and threw a plate of food on the floor- I so could have called that.  It was a glorious thirty seconds.  Now I want to send them all outside and go on defense.  Or maybe we can just camp in the backyard all spring and summer. When the cubscouts arrived this evening I eyed them with suspicion.  Nobody touch my clean house!

3 comments:

Blogful said...

What a great gift and a perfect comparison. My mom frequently says things like, "If your floor is dirty, it means your a good mother." because time spent cleaning and worrying about messes doesn't always make great kids, where playing together and putting off mopping does.
One evil word about the cardboard house heading to the bin. I let my girls play with water with their box house and when it went limp and soggy, they agreed it needed to be tossed.

The Clem Family said...

Camping in the backyard all summer sounds like a fantastic idea! You think the neighbors would mind if I made 'em relieve themselves outside as well? Then I wouldn't have to clean toilets either! ;)

Somers said...

You should have seen the nasty looks I got when I got rid of "shanty town." That was really sweet of Two Fish. How on earth did he accomplish it?

Post a Comment