Sunday, May 1, 2011

10 Years

Two Fish and I watched the President Obama make his announcement tonight.  Tonight everyone heard the announcement that Osama Bin Laden has been killed.  A journey ten years in the making.  The end of the face of terror in America and around the world.  Bin Laden, the leader of al Qaeda, the terrorist network behind the September 11, 2001 has been found and killed. I feel conflicted about what this really means to me. The entirety of my twenties has been somewhat defined by the aftermath of 9/11/01.   I feel torn between a sense of hope and a hollowness at the incredible price this has all come to.  Could I ever have imagined at age 19 how terrible this war would be?  What the price of fighting terror would be?  I couldn't then and I still can't fathom it even now.  Can the tides turn on the death of one man?  I pray it can and will.  I am and always will be, proud to be an American.  God bless our troops!

1 comments:

The Clem Family said...

Not sure what to think of it all myself. But, I do think the world is a better place with one less bad guy. I'm also grateful for those who serve in the military and grateful to there families as well. :)

Post a Comment