Saturday, April 25, 2009

Random Springtime Fun

We are fans of the warmer weather around here. Red Fish now associates her hat, glasses and sunscreen with all things fun so she's been begging for them even when we are inside. She is getting to be such an independent girl I now have to squirt some lotion in her hand and let her help put it on. It's pretty cute. She also insists on brushing my hair if I fix her hair for her. Good thing I like having my hair brushed.We went to the park yesterday and finally found some good swings. It's so lame that most parks don't have swings anymore. A big park near us has a small playground perfect for Red Fish to climb on by herself and go down all of the slides. There was a group of 9 or 10 year old girls playing on it and Red Fish insisted on following them around and trying to do everything they wanted to do. Then they switched the big kid playground. I am not so fond of the big playground because Red Fish is too little to go down the big slides and climb on everything without someone a step behind her to keep her from breaking her neck. I'm definitely getting too pregnant to go down big slides and climb up a jungle gym for two hours. I'm still trying to figure out how to convince Red Fish of this fact. She is a little daredevil and a climber.

She is also- her own fashion consultant. She picked out a little dress to wear for the day but it was cold by the time we went to the park and she nearly had a seizure when I tried to change her out of the dress. So she wore the dress and a sweatsuit to the park. She also picked out the sock combo. Who said your socks must match?
Red Fish flips through my art magazines on a daily basis. She has started marking the pages with torn up strips of paper because that's what I do when I find good ideas in them. She has to wear her sunglasses to fully absorb the art.
No day is complete without a little dancing and singing in the driveway. This baby loves to be outside! On the days it's raining or snowing recently she just can't understand why we can't play outside.

1 comments:

Richinsrock said...

I love when they start dressing themselves. Most days I just don't want to put up the fight, so I let them win. Congrates on the baby girl, that is very exciting.

Post a Comment