Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt

We spent the day at Grandma O's house with Aunt L's family. We had a little Easter party and dyed some eggs. I thought 24 eggs was a lot of eggs for three little kids but I was oh so wrong. We had eight colors of dye, stickers, egg wraps, and crayons and we made some splendid creations.
This is aparently the face you make when you have successfully chucked an egg into the dye bowl. Red Fish wanted to throw the eggs and swirl them around with her hands in the bowl and then throw in a little vigorous stiring for good measure. She was very frustrated with my attempts to contain the mess and thwart her efforts to overturn the bowls. She still ended up with a green arm and some tie-dyed looking jeans. I think she thoroughly enjoyed the process.

We did a little egg hunt inside because it was raining. The little girls didn't mind and Cousin D thought it presented more of a challenge. It didn't take long for Red Fish to catch on to the egg hunting and I think she will be ready for more eggs tomorrow!
A mouth stuffed with candy- I don't think she even swallowed any candy. She would just chew it up and spit out. I don't think she totally understands candy (which is fine by me.)

It was another good and busy day. We had another very quiet (aside from the snoring) car ride home because she was asleep the second we buckled her in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment