Sunday, March 29, 2009

Playing Spoons


Lately Red Fish has gotten big into sorting and organizing. She will spend hours stacking my art magazines in different piles in the living room or sorting the laundry (I'm big into sorting laundry into specific loads so she probably got that from me.) Her piles are serious business and you do not touch them if you know what's good for you. You would hate to mess with her system. Tonight she has been playing with her spoons. First for an hour before bed. Then she woke up after she had been in bed for an hour (we are going through a difficult sleeping phase) and insisted on coming downstairs to sit at the kitchen table and sort her spoons.

I brought out her spoon collection because my parents had brought her a few new ones. My parents travel a lot and every time they go someplace new they bring Red Fish a spoon. She has seventeen so far. I keep them in a little box and tonight she has been taking each one out and examining it. Then she puts them on the table in a pile. When they are all out of the box she replaces them one by one and then starts again. I'm beginning to think I should send her to bed with a box full of spoons! Spoons may be the answer to getting her back on track with her sleep schedule.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That's hilarious! Dallin was kind of like that. He would line up his toys, stack cans, and things like that. Very organized.

Linnea said...

Let's hope she always stays this organized!!

Post a Comment