Friday, November 28, 2008

Positively Wicked

Well last weekend was an aboslute blast. I flew in on Friday to visit Lovely L. This is the third time I've gone to visit her since she moved away. We went to get our traditional pedicures. I of course got red toes. Then we went to dinner with Lovely L's husband out by the beach. Then on Saturday we went to a matinee of WICKED. It is SO GOOD. I absolutely loved every second of it. The actors are fabulous, I want to wear the costumes in daily life, and the music was great. I highly reccomend it. Plus Lovely L was the perfect person to see it with. The story is basically about everything that happens in Oz pre-Dorthy. It explains why the wicked witch is the way she is and it totally changes everything you think you know about the movie the Wizard of Oz.
The Panteges is this really beautiful theatre in Hollywood. It was a great atmosphere.
We couldn't take pictures inside the theatre so this is actually the awning outside. Isn't it amazing?

After Wicked we went to the Geisha House and ate some yummy sushi. We did some shopping the rest of the weekend and bought some last minute baby items for Lovely L's bump. It was a wonderful weekend and much needed break.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Im totally jealous. Seeing Wicked is on my list of things to do in the next five years. It needs to come to Salt Lake first, and then there is the old convincing of the husband that we need to go. Glad you got a break!

The Studes said...

her belly bumb is so cute.
I love the that theatre!! It was the first i had ever went to,

Amanda said...

aaaah....you should have called. you know i live 5 minutes away from there, right? i still haven't seen Wicked. i think that will be my birthday present to myself! :)

Post a Comment