Monday, November 10, 2008

More About Birthdays


Trying to get at the cakeWant some?
Just a little excited about everything

Wiped out after a long fun day!

Red Fish's birthday was PERFECT. It was one of those amazing days that you stress over and usually my expectations are too high but it was so wonderful-everything I wanted. All of our wonderful family came- all 30 of us (and that's just the immediate family.) I get teary eyed just thinking about how much it meant to me to have everyone come and celebrate with us. I feel like all of my dreams are coming true. It's a wonderful feeling. This year has flown by in so many ways and I can't believe it's over. All of Red Fish's little cousins are so fun and cute and they were so excited for Red Fish. It makes me so happy that they love her so much. I just want to squeeze every single one of them- in a good way. We are so lucky to be surrounded by good people from great grandparents down to tiny cousins. Plus everyone spoiled her beyond belief.

We had all of the 1 year birthday classics- cake smashed on her face, trying to help her open presents, and lot's of shrieking.

Looking back over the last year is almost overwhelming. Red Fish keeps me on my toes surprising me in wonderful ways everyday. She's gotten to be such a big girl I almost can't take it!

Also on a non-birthday note Two Fish and I have finished our first packet of Adoption stuff and are halfway through #2. It's a little scary how much easier it is going so far- please please don't let that jinx us! Also Red Fish started using sign language a couple days ago- so cute! She can sign- more, book, eat, and telephone. When I tried to teach her the sign for cat she just said "cat" out loud. It made me laugh. I'm going to have to learn alot more signs in order to keep up with her. She amazes me with everything she is learning.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

THAT CAKE IS AWESOME!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY A!!!!

Mia said...

Good luck with #2, hope everything goes the way you want.

Post a Comment