Wednesday, April 3, 2013

e is for Easter and egg

New Fish learned about the letter "e" over spring break.  We did plenty of Easter themed activities so it was a fairly easy going week.  I missed blogging about Y and Z because I was sick and my friend did preschool that week by herself.  It was zoo week and the kids learned more about animals.  We spent some time at home reading about reptiles, amphibians and mammals. 
 We did a batch of new file folder games on opposites and rhyming.  I had them stashed away and had forgotten I made them years ago.  The girls are very interested in making things rhyme right now and they had a blast with these six new games.  We also practiced counting the syllables in words. 
 We cracked the shells off our colored eggs and used them to decorate our letter.  The cracking was rather messy and we ended up with a lot of egg glued on the papers so we threw them away immediately as I didn't fancy rotting eggs hanging on display.  The girls didn't really care because they loved the process.


0 comments:

Post a Comment