Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Valentines Day

Love dinner 2013
Today is the 10th anniversary of when Two Fish asked me to marry him.  He asked me with a "marry me" sweetheart candy taped to flowers.  This year he gave me more flowers with sweethearts taped to them.  I'd say yes all over again in a heartbeat.  I'm lucky to have him.

We had our annual Love dinner last night.  We've done it every year since Red Fish was born.  Our meal didn't start out as I had hoped (does anything when you have little kids?) but after everyone settled down, we had a great night. We always decorate and try to make it special with fancy drinks, food, treats, candles, etc. and this year was no exception.  We even had fancy cupcakes from a local shop that everyone got to choose their own flavor (mine was gluten free.) I used to hate Valentines day and think it was just a commercialized excuse for a holiday.  Now that I have my three Valentines and an opportunity to celebrate how much I love them, I see Valentines Day completely differently.  I adore my little family.

We didn't get to delivering all of our Valentines this year but the girls went to a cute little party with their friends to celebrate and Red Fish took Valentines to school.  We decided to call that good enough.  Sometimes it is more important to go with the flow.
2012
2011
2010
2009

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love Adalyn's little haircut!

Nancy said...

Its dinners like this that I love to remember when I think about my childhood. Its really fun to do that with a new generation too. Its too funny that you guys had a run in with the scissors too. That is exactly what happened at our house not to long ago, only I did cry. Their haircuts look really cute though. They look cute with any style.

Post a Comment