Tuesday, February 12, 2013

V Is For Valentine

 Today, I was the least prepared for preschool that I have been all year.  Luckily it was just a Valentines theme so there wasn't anything too huge to concentrate on.  We did the letter V and the nursery rhyme "My Valentine."  I let the kids cut up heart doilies with scissors and decorate a paper V with the doilies and some glitter glue.
 We read several Valentines themed stories and did our calendar.  We sang our jungle songs from last week again.  Then we did several puzzles and played the game "The Cat And The Hat, I Can Do That."  It has a lot of props, uses large motor skills, helps kids learn right vs. left and is always a favorite at our house.  The kids were laughing their heads off.  We also played a couple of board games to practice counting.  We used valentines erasers to practice patterning and sorting.
 We made cookies decorated with frosting and candy.
We decorated hearts with do a dots. I love our do a dot markers and then we played in the sensory bin.  It was a pretty low key morning.

 After we picked Red Fish up from preschool a few friends stopped by and finished the cookies off with her.

1 comments:

Gwen said...

I'm sad looking at the pony tail knowing it's gone now !!

Post a Comment