Tuesday, January 22, 2013

New Years Resolutions

I love the start of the new year.  It completely energizes me to accomplish things.  I feel the same about the start of summer and fall.  Not spring though unfortunately.  I'm obsessed with goal making.  It helps me run my life and try to balance everything.  Not very many of these are new goals.  Most of them are just things I am working on.

1. Go gluten free.  So far it's rough.  The food that I don't make from scratch tastes like dirt after a month straight of eating it.  It has already created noticeable differences in my body though so it's interesting.

2. Take supplements on a regular basis- After reading Daniel Amen MD's books I am convinced I need to try them.  So far my brain feels less foggy. 

3. Start working out- but not in January- too many lifestyle changes at once never works out for me.

4. Enroll Red Fish in kindergarten.  *PANIC

5. Finish up homeschool preschool year strong.  It's easy to get tired.  I have most of the rest of the year planned out though and I'm trying to keep it going.  Next September she will go to preschool someplace else but I still want fun things to do at home with her.

6. Make breakfast on a regular basis.

7. Continue my freezer meals.  They are really working out well for our family.

8. Up the marketing efforts at my company.  Up my game in general in my career.

9. Go skiing with my little family of four.

10. Go on more dates with my husband.

11.  Take my family to Disneyland.

12. Start saving to visit friends in Europe.

13. Wash my makeup off my face at night.

14. Do at least one art project with my kids every week.

15. Do speech therapy with Red Fish.  She is doing awesome and we are doing therapy with someone new and it is going really well.  It is mostly tiny articulation things now.  We mostly still go because it is important to Red Fish.

16. Practice reading with Red Fish.  She is so good at it but it's hard to carve out time to practice.

17. Help Red Fish through the rest of her math workbooks and reading lists.

18. Help New Fish remember all of her lowercase alphabet and recognizing the numbers 11-30.

19. Have family home evening every week.  We do pretty well on this but we can do better.

20. Help Red Fish start learning piano.

I'm sure my goals will be changing throughout the year but I like to get them written down even if I change them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment